There is no official spokescat or language police unit for the communities involved in these discussions. The earliest forum board discussion I am aware of discussing the pros & cons of GSRM over LGBT[QIA]+ is 2015, but I am just one person – different parts of the larger community have different preferences and different concerns.
There is no monolith, no “one group” that speaks for all people who
- LGBT+: Lesbian; Gay; Bisexual;Transgender; plus all the other sex, and sexuality minorities
- LGBTQIA+: Lesbian; Gay; Bisexual;Transgender; plus all the other sex, sexuality and romantic minorities
- GRSM: Gender, Romantic, and Sexual Minorities
- SOGI: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- SGM: Sexual and Gender Minority