Meetup is a platform for connecting people with something in common.
A Meetup group is a community of people who come together because they care about the same thing.
Meetup groups can be public or private, the EDI Allies group is private. This is to limit the group’s content and membership information to non-members and search engines. Only members can see:
- The usernames and profile information of the group’s members, including answers to profile questions requested by the organizer
- The location for past and upcoming events
- The event descriptions for past and present events
- The group’s photo albums
- The group’s Discussions section
Meetup Accounts are free, some groups and events may charge a fee – this is clearly advertised and you do not need to provide account details to get a Meetup account.
- How do I sign up for a Meetup account?
- Joining a Meetup group
- Troubleshoot issues on the Meetup iOS app
- Troubleshoot issues on the Meetup Android app
If you use one of the apps, any event you join can be easily added to you calendar by long pressing the event time and following the prompts.